A list of what appears only in the anime episodes, and NOT in the manga chapters (aka “fillers”)…
List will be updated as more chapters have been animated.
They head-butted into each other; another quarrel follows.
– Connie tells Jean to lead the others, saying “we need your skills”. Aha.
– they dragged out Jean’s thinking process in the anime; much quicker in the manga.
– compliments from Marco, mid-air, anime-only. (Watch out for titans?)
– Marco’s words moved from the flashback scene in manga C18, and modified a bit – “because of your decision that I am alive”.
– Jean has a little squad of his own, ‘Kirstein han’.
– After saving Connie, Jean has a little adventure in his hometown. Thanks to poor 3DMG craftsmanship.
The continuation and conclusion of his detour adventure.
– no-show in manga version of this 3DMG inspection scene.
– anime only sighting
– “crying out loud in the depths of his mind”, anime-exclusive.
– for luck
– extended scene + he jumped off BEFORE Armin’s whipped off from his horse
– part of the added scene; female titan’s fist created a gust of wind
– Jean was still on his horse in the manga at this point
1 – Jean’s horse = ブッフバルト (de: Buchwald)
2,3 – the group rides to the forest; Jean jokes, and Armin seems to have no sense of humour.
1 – Picking up the pieces
2 – Being pursued by fast-running titans
3 – the “welcome back” “parade”
All of his scenes in the second half of the episode.
1 – unwiggs and joins the battle
2 – reminds Eren of his promise
3 – with Armin to distract female titan
4 – sees Eren transforms into titan
The rooftop scenes are all anime original.
1 – these three of the 104th, on the rooftop, looking at the titan fight
2 – “get her, Eren!”
3 – gets to see the aftermath of the titan fight
4 – walking along the hallway; and having a chat
← back to Chapters and Episodes listing…